HVAC Maintenance Services in Richmond VA and Surrounding Areas
Just as your mechanic will remind you to change the oil in your car regularly, Foster Plumbing & Heating recommends spring and fall tune-ups for your heating and cooling systems. Routine HVAC maintenance is essential for sustained performance year after year in Chester, Colonial Heights, Glen Allen, Henrico, Mechanicsville, Midlothian, Moseley, Richmond, VA, and the surrounding areas.
Benefits of Preventive HVAC Maintenance
Investing in preventive AC maintenance is the most effective way to guarantee your comfort now and in the future. Tune-ups don’t require much time. The cost is minimal, but the rewards are plentiful considering the energy savings, the inconvenience that you can avoid, and the lower cost of ownership. Signing up for one of our various Energy Savings Agreements also yields additional perks:
- Includes two check-ups per year
- Discounted pricing on all calls! Even after hours!!! (Next Available-Same Day if possible)
- 10% off service calls and repairs, as well as a 1% discount per year for each consecutive year on a complete system replacement (up to 10% discount).
Comprehensive System Checkups
Our NATE-certified technicians perform a variety of tasks when conducting every system checkup. All of which are designed to help you get the most out of your heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Check general condition of equipment (both indoor and outdoor), clean any trash out of condensing/outdoor unit
- Check electrical connections for corrosion and tightness, check all electrical motors and lube if needed, also lube any lube points
- Check amp draw on all motors, check capacitor date and test
- Check fuses, replace if corroded (if standard) or clean (if possible)
- Check thermostat and level if necessary, check temperature differences at supply and return
- Check refrigerant and adjust to proper charge, up to one pound of refrigerant is included with check-up (value of $230.00)
- If more than one pound is needed you will be informed that a leak check is needed (average charge is between $147 – $267)
- Check condensate drain and check pan for trash, check line set for corrosion or damage where accessible
- Check indoor and outdoor coils for airflow and do light cleaning (if they need to be chemically cleaned, there will be additional cost)
Our Lineup of Energy Savings Agreements
- Gas furnace with air conditioning or heat pump 1st unit agreement $159.99
- Tank water heater clean & check $29.95 (price if serviced at the same time of ESA checkup)
- Tankless water heater flush (valve kits extra) $139.00 (price if serviced at the same time of ESA checkup)
- Humidifiers checked (including panel) $24.00 (price if serviced at the same time of ESA checkup)
- Gas fire place maintenance $74.99 (price if serviced at the same time of ESA checkup)
- Agreement is valid one year from date of first ESA maintenance date, services above not performed at the time of the ESA maintenance are charged at a higher rate
Seasonal Tune-ups from Foster Plumbing & Heating
To schedule a heating or air conditioning maintenance visit, give us a call. Our service technicians look forward to maintaining your HVAC system this year and the next.
Always choose a filter that matches your blower’s capacity. For optimal efficiency and filtration, we recommend that you replace your disposable filters at least once a month. If you have washable filters, they should be cleaned once a month. Have filters for your HVAC unit shipped straight to your home with FilterFetch.